Thacker understands the necessity to be an environmentally responsible company in today's business landscape.
Thacker Casket Manufacturing takes the following efforts, among a myriad of other efforts to exemplify these environmentally responsible ideals:
1) Recycles all unused/scrap metal, wooden pallets, cardboard, and paint drums.
2) Uses a method of painting that is considered in the "Low" VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) and in the "Low/No" HAPS (Hazardous Air Pollutants) categories.
3) Recycles and regrinds approximately 80% of all polycarbonate plastic used to make hardware and handles.
Thacker Caskets has partnered with a hardwood casket manufacturer, Victoriaville Group, who also values the same environmental philosophies. Victoriaville takes the following efforts to ensure their own environmental conciousness:
1) Prides itself on using 95% of its wood from suppliers that have signed onto a reforestation program
2) Use "Environmentally Preferable Products" certified by the Composite Panel Association
3) Recycle approximately 2,300 tons of wood waste annually thus producing the equivalent of almost 11.5 million KwH of clean energy.
We at Thacker are cognizant of the adverse effects and impact that running a business can place on the natural environment, however, we try to minimize the effects contributed by Thacker Caskets and our own valued suppliers.